Friday 11 September 2015

From contracts to website designing!

7th September 2015- 11th September 2015

I’ve been involved in a wide variety of projects this week at the CCG; some of which are listed below.

At the start of the week, along with my manager Andrew, I completed my Personal Development Review (PDR). All members of staff working for the NHS are required to complete a PDR every year in order to review their progress within the organization. I have noted my personal objectives I hope to achieve over the next twelve months, what I believe to be are my most important aims and tasks for the next year and my action plan for achieving these.

I have also been completing a few of the contacts for the Ophthalmology service; liaising with the Providers about the policies and documents we require and any they would like to be included in the contract.

On Wednesday I attended my first Clinical Quality and Performance Committee meeting. This meeting reviews all of the quality aspects of the local healthcare services that are being delivered. Dashboards are presented to highlight performance in terms of A&E attendance, FFT performance, and IAPT referrals. I understood most things that were discussed (which shows I am definitely making progress understanding the complex and diverse areas of the CCG!). 

On Thursday I attended a workshop in Middlewich along with my manager Andrew, the other placement student Amy and her manager Jane as they were giving presentations on Outcome Based Commissioning and Service Improvement to the lead practice nurses from Eastern and South Cheshire. This was extremely productive and helped me to understand the nurses’ opinions of implementing outcome based commissioning and quality improvement and how these changes affect their jobs first hand.

I have also been updating the CCG website creating an area for the Practice Nurses which has definitely challenged and improved my website designing skills!

1 comment:

  1. A simple website like corporate business website. The website only having minimal detail about their organization and it may not contain any form like functionality.
    Web Designing Company Bangalore | Website Development Companies Bangalore

    ReplyDelete