Friday 14 August 2015

A busy second week!

10th August 2015 - 14th August 2015

I’ve had a great second week at the CCG- though it has flown by! The current placement student at the CCG, Emma, who I will be replacing has been absolutely brilliant helping me settle in to my new work environment and explaining everything to me (including the complicated NHS acronyms!) such as what her responsibilities are and the projects she has been involved in over the past year.

I’ve been working on CQUINs again this week as we’ve had many reports back from the providers as they report quarterly to the CCG. Subsequently, I evaluated the reports which listed their evidence of achieving the agreed milestones in order to determine whether it was sufficient or whether we required further evidence from them in order to release payment. I then discussed the reports with my manager and contacted the providers about the outcome. I have put this information regarding the CQUIN's progress and whether they have achieved their milestones for Quarter 1 into tables to enable other employees in the CCG to be aware of their performance which I am taking in to the Internal Contracts meeting to show.

I’ve been lucky enough to have the opportunity to undertake ‘The Edward Jenner’ Programme whilst I am on my placement here, which is a Leadership learning programme designed to help me build a strong foundation of leadership skills in order to enhance my confidence and competence whilst performing my role.  The programme consists of the latest research and thought leadership, talent management guides and webinars and there is a written marked piece of work at the end of the programme in order to attain the Edward Jenner accreditation.  

I’ve also created the agendas for meetings and had additional meetings with various members of staff within the CCG to further understand their roles and the projects they are involved in which can be particularly diverse.
I have also been introduced and begun working with a Finance system called ‘Oracle’ which is where all the invoices for the CCG come in and are processed. As well as this, I have been given access to the ECCCG website to enable me to edit the Quality section of the website and upload relevant documents to inform the public about Our Performance regularly.

Overall, my second week at the CCG has again been very busy, productive and enjoyable! 



No comments:

Post a Comment