Friday 30 October 2015

Passing Microsoft Excel Advanced!

16th October 2015- 30th October 2015

Recently I have been working on a presentation for our CQUIN workshops that we hold each year with our providers. The workshops enable us to discuss with our providers potential CQUINs for the following year and generate innovative ideas whilst ensuring the CQUINs are realistic for the provider to achieve.
I was feeling adventurous when creating the presentation and used “Prezi” which is relatively new presentation software, instead of the traditional PowerPoint! I hadn't used Prezi before, but it was much more straightforward than I thought and I am very pleased with the outcome! It helps to create a unique and engaging presentation. I will definitely use Prezi in my final year at university when I do presentations in my seminars to tutors and colleagues.

I’ve continued working on the Performance section of the CCG website which is almost finished. I think it is much clearer and easier now for a member of the public to find out how our CCG monitors quality and be able to understand the array of measures used to do this. I’ve also been working a great deal on the Practice Nurse area on the CCG website along with Kate from the Communications team. The nurses in Eastern Cheshire will have access to information on PGDs, the training and education events they attend, policies and protocols and have a 'News' section. My website designing skills have definitely progressed!

I am very fortunate to have been given the opportunity to enhance my personal development skills whilst on my placement. This week I went on an Advanced Microsoft Excel course. It was an extremely beneficial course and I learnt a lot including: validation rules, formula precedents and dependents, error checking, watch windows, protection, complex functions, pivot tables/charts and macros. I am pleased to say I have passed this course! It will be of great use for my role at the CCG as I often create reports and use excel. It will also be of great use when I return to university and in future job roles.

Also this week, I created a commissioning intentions survey for the patients in Eastern Cheshire in order to hear their opinions on what they think should be commissioned. I will be working with the Communications and Engagement Team to promote and encourage patients to take the survey.

In addition to this, I joined a WebEx on Quality Improvement along with my manager Andrew. I was surprised to find that it covered concepts I learnt in one of my modules during my second year of university such as ideas from Deming and Ishikawa.  I wrote an essay for this module which talked in depth about Deming, Ishikawa and their influence on quality improvement. Therefore it was very interesting to see that theoretical studies such as this are applied to business on a daily basis and are adopted by members of staff in the NHS!



9 comments:

  1. Excel is a software program from Microsoft basic excel for beginners that is a part of Microsoft Office. Excel calculations is compiled for making and altering spreadsheets that are spared with a .xls expansion. It's general uses in corporate cell-based figuring, turn tables, and different diagramming devices. With an Excel spreadsheet, you could make a month to month spending plan, track costs of doing business, or sort and compose a lot of information calculations in spreadsheets of Excels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Excel Training Academy in Noida, Excel Training in Noida with Lowest Cost. Compare all Academies in Noida-Price, Reviews, Address, Maps and Photos. Contact us- 9312580474
    More@ http://99excel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Find best training academy for Ms Excel Training, advanced excel classes in Noida within Your Budget and 100% Satisfaction Facility. Compare all Clinics in Delhi- Price, Reviews, Address, Maps and Photos. Contact us- 9312580474
    More@ http://99excel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Find the best institute in Noida for Excel Training in Noida, Lowest Cost, Free Demo, 100 Satisfaction Service. Compare all Training institute in Noida- Price, Reviews, Address, Maps and Photos. Contact us- 9312580474.
    More@ http://99excel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Find the top Institute for Advanced Excel Classes in Noida, Lowest Cost, Free Demo, 100% Satisfaction Service. Compare all institutes in Noida- Price, Reviews, Address, Maps and Photos. Contact us- 9312580474
    More@ http://99excel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. 99 Excel is one of the best Training Institutes for Ms Excel Training Institutes in Delhi Ncr With Lowest Cost, Free Demo, 100% Satisfaction Service. Get Phone Number, Address, Maps and Contact us-9312580474 http://99excel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. l like this blog. Excel Everestoffers Microsoft ExcelTutorials: Our administrations are Microsoft Excel Training, Online Excel Training,Excel Courses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Formula shown above was really helpful for me to learn Excel.Learn Excel Online - Free Online Excel Training Course - Improve Excel Skills. Excel Everest is one of the reputed institutes for Online Excel Course in UK. Microsoft Excel Training

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was reading your article and wondered if you had considered creating an ebook on this subject. Your writing would sell it fast. You have a lot of writing talent.
    excel courses

    ReplyDelete